Mutant Couture in days of future past


I remember watching Return of the Jedi and thinking, Wow, Luke's Jedi outfit is awesome. It was so stylish and futuristic that I spent months trying to assemble an ensemble to match it(it was the beginning of my way too much black phase). It the real start of my love of clothing and style of dress. Granted, I was way too geeky at the time to effect the kinds of couture I strive for now but you start where you start. I grew up with a silver jumpsuit future where our food would come in pill form and robots would do our laundry. There was the was Star Trek, but it 's impact was more subtle and story driven. I never saw myself in those one of those velor, tight black slacks of the Star Trek( I did want a communicator) future but I couldn't wait for my red space suit from 2001.

This blog is where I share my greatest Loves; Science Fiction and Design(interior and fashion). I would love it if we can share this love together and explore the junction where these worlds meet. If you have pictures, ideas, etc share them with me. I'd love to show everyone how Science fiction(and fantasy) have shape our world and change it for the better.

0 comments: